Prestbury Autumn

The autumn is really setting in now, all the trees in the village have turned fantastic shades of gold and copper and the sky has changed to an opaque pale blue like milk mixed with water colour paint. It's been unusually warm and bright over the last few days. I find this time of year to be particularly inspiring and energising to the mind, it makes me want to go out and take pictures and experiment with my 8mm movie camera, the effects of light, shadow, and colour can be very exciting. I am listening to the new Stereo Lab CD (Cobra Phases) as I write this, a very interesting ironic eclectic mixture of 60s French pop ala Dots & Loops, Burt {Backerac}? melodies, and there are even overt references to Philip Glass and Steve Reich pieces in there, sounds crazy but it works, nice harmonic textures. Laetitia Sadier's Nico like voice is the coolest I have heard since Sade.

Popular Posts