Nouvelle Vague

The weather is appalling and most depressing; wet, windy, and grey, the worst possible combination and it looks as though we are going to have yet another washed out mid summer. Ok, well I have been thinking about resurrecting my French New Wave cinema page both to indulge my interest and also as a means of reinvigorating my critical discourse. I may be returning to study for a year in September (critical theory of film media etc) and I think this time I will make a point of concentrating on the Nouvelle Vague and particularly the work of the genres seminal directors Godard and Rivette..I know this is all rather old hat now but it is still quite interesting stuff, and it is certainly useful in the context of study if you can work with nicely defined and distinctive genres.

Popular Posts