Clockwork Orange

Can't quite make up my razoodock what to do with the evening a flip dark chill bastard though dry, hence writing this yes!... I wonder how the re-release of Clockwork Orange in the summer will go down with the younger generation. will we see a minor cultish obsession with the colour white and a rebirth of eye makeup for men??....I wonder if I will feel compelled to resort to the use of black eyeliner again. well we shall see. though I doubt it will have any impact at all, cultism or cultishnes seems to be a redundant phenomenon in the over fragmented cultural landscape of today. Still I have to admit that CWO is one of my favourite Kubrick films along with Doctor Strangelove and 2001. This little collection all seemed to share a common thread of stylisation. That unique Kubrick feel of visionary epic firmly rooted in the zeitgeist, and all dramatically demonstrate Kubrick's signatory approach to cinematography vis-à-vis the rare cleverly executed ultra wide shot, the lateral tracking shot, complex mise en scene, and great set design. Well what's it to be then ah? I say give up smoking for if on live thou dos't wish to remain, but I wish I could, its not easy when everyone I know seems to be on the tabs! Well fair but a pity my lords, because I need to do something to save money. I think I need to rediscover my interest in emulating the look of Kubrick films in my photography. My artist friend Rob wants me to photograph one of his "Junk sculpture" projects on Saturday, an ironic take on the "consumer moron culture", Robs piece apparently is going to be a replica of Stone Henge built of old McDonalds bags.

Comments

Popular Posts