Year 2000

Still can't quite get used to this weird looking date, its funny how so little seems to have changed for so many people, it seems those Kubrickesque visions of how are era would appear have not quite caught up with East Cheshire yet. When I was a kid "The Year 2000" was a concept of modernity and futurism of almost mythical proportions where anything was possible. I think I am also going to start a pressure group to ban the sodium lamp from historic British towns and villages. Why are we so bad at sympathetic and atmospheric lighting?...(unlike the Italians). Rome, Florence, and Pizza, are lit like film sets at night in elegant chiaroscuro white mercury light. I think we should reintroduce small-scale tungsten lighting to our smaller rural villages. However, I digress.

Popular Posts