Tuned

I have been thinking a lot about the gorgeous Laetitia who came to talk to me in the Dukes 92 bar in Manchester a few weeks ago. She was an Australian studying law at Manchester Uni, lovely dark hair in stubby bunches and very cool trendy & stylish. I wish I had given her my web address at least, but instead feel as if I may have given her the blank like some stupid thoughtless stump and now I really regret it. I must try to find out what exactly these 20 some-things see in me. Because I still feel as if they are taking the piss, low self esteem or paranoia?...Its probably my sensitive long lashed button eyes...Can't be, they are more like long lashed evil slits...No its because I look lyrical, and wise. That's it..a bit of a boy-man of the world paradox!...Oh I don't know.






Tuned
Once again Mark has sent some music, this time a recording of Beck's "Midnight Vultures" which I quite like for its amusing parody of a range of musical genres if nothing else. Its now 1:20am and I'm listening to world-wide on radio1 (jungle, garage, jazz fusion stuff) good quality head tunes and its all reminding me of those atmospheric nights of my Manchester clubbing era. Tonight we have some seriously good tunes from Mr Scruff and the Future Sounds of Jazz LP. There is now quite a substantial backlog of CDs on my want's list. I love the fresh innovative creativity and sensuality of this kind of music. Some times, I feel that I would really like to get back into music, if only I could find decent local opportunities. I certainly don't want to move back to London again no way! I'm too fond of space, clean air, and drinkable tap water thanks very much. Even though I started my working life in the music industry as a Free- Lance Recording Engineer and became incredibly disillusioned with the way it all worked and some of the prevailing attitudes amongst the people who were responsible for managing studios, bands, and paying my laughable wages. This never really seems to have completely killed my enthusiasm for it all. Because just occasionally you would encounter real talent and genuinely creative people in it for arts sake, and not just some vacuous babe pulling ego trip. The latter of course were always most vulnerable to the manipulative, money hungry, musically illiterate wankers that seemed to manage everything.

Popular Posts